franjessca

FranJessca [at] Book Lovin' Mamas

Girls Night Out: Volume 2 (GNO)
'Patricia A. Wolf', 'Calinda B', 'Lila Dubois', 'C.J. Ellisson'

4.5 moons - Unstoppable by Melody Grace

Unstoppable (The Callahans Book 3) - Melody Grace

The moment Tegan Callahan was introduced in Dex’s book I knew I wanted to read her story. Tegan is Dex’s little sister and from the minute she was introduced I knew she deserved every bit of happiness in her life. Tegan’s character has gone through a heart wrenching moment in her life that continues to impact her emotionally. The poor girl lost the love of her life when he OD’d, and she continues to blame herself for what happened. I wanted to squeeze her and let her know everything was going to be okay. She has some amazing family and friends that are keeping an eye on her. Especially, since Tegan almost gave it all up due to her wanting to suppress the pain she was dealing with. Now she is trying everything to prove to her family and friends she can move on from her troubles.

She ends up meeting Ryland in Vegas, while she was traveling to Beachwood Bay. A one heated kiss makes Ryland unforgettable, but she ends up breaking it off before anything really happens. Her heart is still with the one person who she gave everything to. (Now you see why this girl deserves every bit of happiness)

Ryland has his own troubles and he’s going back to Beachwood Bay to face them after winning his freedom. He never thought the one girl he kissed in Vegas would be in the same town, and he’s determined to find out more about her.

Unstoppable is all about second chances for both characters. Both characters are similar in struggles, but in different ways. Tegan has her own struggles she’s still overcoming, and Ryland is dealing with his past struggles that he’s trying to overcome. This book is one emotional roller coaster that will have you going up and down with the characters. You may end up wanting to shake one of the characters or both during certain parts in the book. I think I wanted to shake Ryland the most because of how he handled a certain situation with Tegan. He could’ve waited until Tegan told him the full story, instead Ryland wanted to be a knucklehead. Grrr!

Melody Grace makes the struggles from both characters very believable, and brings forward an illness that affects a lot of people’s lives daily. I felt for Tegan and I wanted to hug her every time her inner struggles got to her. I believe Ryland came at the perfect time in her life, and Melody made everything come together for these two at the end. The only issue I had was the ending came too quick. I wanted more with Ryland and Tegan. Here’s hoping I can read more of these two in the next books. These two characters definitely were a perfect match for each other.

I give this book 4.5 full moons and recommend it to readers of the New Adult genre. Be prepared to have some tissues though, especially when Tegan mentions what she has gone through.

I look forward to reading the next books in the series because Tegan’s other brothers deserve happiness too. The overbearing, overprotective brothers need someone in their lives, so they will leave Tegan alone now. =)

I received a complimentary copy of the book from Mark My Words Book Publicity (via the Author) in exchange for an honest review.

Source: http://booklovinmamas.com/2014/09/21/arc-review-unstoppable-by-melody-grace