franjessca

FranJessca [at] Book Lovin' Mamas

Girls Night Out: Volume 2 (GNO)
'Patricia A. Wolf', 'Calinda B', 'Lila Dubois', 'C.J. Ellisson'

4.5 moons - "My Control" by Lisa Renee Jones

My Control - Lisa Renee Jones

I am really loving these novellas with Mark Compton. Not only because I’m getting a chance to read his POV, but also finding out what he is going through after finding out what happened to Rebecca. First off, if you haven’t read the Inside Out Series yet, just skip this review and immediately start reading the series from the beginning. =) Otherwise, you will be miss out on what is going on with Master Compton.

In My Control, Lisa Renee Jones gives us not only Mark’s POV, but she also gives us Crystal’s POV. Crystal is witnessing firsthand a man who usually has things under control, but now is starting to fall apart and crumble. He’s losing himself and all he wants is the truth and revenge. He needs someone like Crystal to help him get through it all. She’s wanting Mark to focus on his mother, but he’s trying to resolve his current situation with Rebecca. He won’t budge at all. Things are going to happen in this short novella that are going to make Crystal see Mark as his real self and she’s not someone he can easily make submissive.

All in all, this short novella was a very enjoyable, quick read. It has it’s heated and dramatic scenes. (which is something Lisa does every well with in stories) Lisa also leaves you wanting more, which has me counting down to November to find out what is going to happen next with Mark and Crystal.

I give this book 4.5 full moons and recommend it to contemporary erotic romance readers out there.

I highly recommend reading this series in order. It would be more beneficial to readers if they do.

I received a complimentary copy of the book from InkSlinger PR for the blog tour in exchange for an honest review.

Source: http://booklovinmamas.com/2014/09/12/blog-tour-my-control-by-lisa-renee-jones-arc-review-giveaway/#more-22997