franjessca

FranJessca [at] Book Lovin' Mamas

Girls Night Out: Volume 2 (GNO)
'Patricia A. Wolf', 'Calinda B', 'Lila Dubois', 'C.J. Ellisson'

5 full moons - "Claimed by a Demon King" by Felicity Heaton

Claimed by a Demon King (Eternal Mates Romance Series Book 2) - Felicity Heaton

I really liked Kissed by a Dark Prince, which is the first book to the Eternal Mates series, but I LOVED Claimed by a Demon King. Holy Moly! Felicity Heaton kept me on the edge of my seat with the second book in the series the entire time I was reading it. My poor hubby and daughters had to fend for themselves, whenever I found time to read Claimed by the Demon King. I loved the main characters, Thorne and Sable immediately and I even loved the secondary characters in the story. Can I say right away, I am in love with Bleu…yes…I know he’s a player…but for some reason his sweet protective nature won me over. Oh and it doesn’t help when Felicity writes him the way she does. =)

Felicity Heaton has Claimed by the Demon King happen about a short time frame after Kissed by a Dark Prince. In the previous book Thorne and Sable have already met. They both are having a time not thinking about each other. Thorne is the alpha guy in the story. He is determined to be with Sable, but Sable is not too sure about hooking up with Thorne. She has her reasons why because she’s not the commitment kind of gal, but for some reason she can’t get Thorne off her mind. She is always there to calm him down whenever he gets upset with something though. (How could she resist the Demon King…dang..Felicity again making him sexy and the perfect mate)

Sable is supposed to be there with her other fighters to help with King Thorne’s dilemma with the Fifth Realm King trying to invade and start a war. Thorne not only has Sable and her team, but he has vampires, elves, and werewolves (which do not get along at all) Let’s just say this book provides you with a lot of fighting scenes not only with the bad guys, but with the so-called good guys too.

Sable was the kick-ass heroine in the story who has become a favorite of mine from Felicity due to her being able to fight back verbally and physically with components. I also found her character fascinating after secrets came out about her. She had to fight her feelings for Thorne and also deal with Bleu in the story who had feelings for her. It’s not a love triangle…so no worries there, but let’s just say Bleu and Thorne have it out quite a bit in this book.

What can I say about Thorne, other than again Felicity knows how to make me love her male characters. I love my male characters alpha like, protective, and sensitive to their mates. Thorne definitely has all those qualities plus more. He had his hands full not only with his realm, but also with Sable. She never made it easy for him.

Felicity did an amazing job on Claimed by the Demon King and I look forward to other characters getting their stories. I need to find about Vail and Bleu (especially Bleu). I give this book 5 full moons and highly recommend it to PNR and UF readers out there. If you are looking for an action packed, hot smexy paranormal romance book then this is the book for you.

Please make sure you read the first book in the series first. You will want to know about previous characters before you read this book.

NOTE – Felicity Heaton’s VET readers will enjoy this book because certain characters from that series show up in this book. =)

I received a complimentary copy of the book from the Author in exchange for an honest review

Source: http://booklovinmamas.com/2014/03/05/arc-review-claimed-by-a-demon-king-by-felicity-heaton/#more-19795