franjessca

FranJessca [at] Book Lovin' Mamas

Girls Night Out: Volume 2 (GNO)
'Patricia A. Wolf', 'Calinda B', 'Lila Dubois', 'C.J. Ellisson'

4.5 moons - "Born in Blood" by Alexandra Ivy

Born in Blood - Alexandra Ivy

I finished this book a while ago, but I was having issues on typing up reviews until now.  Even bloggers get writer’s block…especially when your oldest daughter is home from school due to Winter Break.  (Thank goodness for school back in session…LOL)

I knew I had to read this book the minute it was introduced on my FB Newsfeed one day.  The cover sold me and then the synopsis of it…and of course because Alexandra Ivy is one Author that can drag a reader into the story.  I literally was in the zone, while reading this book that I had no idea what was happening around me.  My husband and kids were fending for themselves, while I read Born in Blood.

Alexandra Ivy introduces you into a world, where we have the normal humans and then we have the Sentinels that have abilities that make them freaks.  (at least that is what the normal humans call them)  The Sentinels are frowned upon because the humans believe they will use their powers to gain more power over them. She introduces us to one of the humans, Sergeant Duncan O’Conner, who now has to work with one of the Sentinels.  Callie Brown is there to help solve the case with Duncan…but of course every human on the crime scene is weary about her being there.  Her abilities are able to see what happened to the person and figure out if they can find the killer.  Callie ends up getting more than she bargained for and her Guardian, Fane, is there by her side making sure nothing happens to her.  He’s over protective though.

Duncan is the extreme Alpha type guy and he has a secret in the story that Alexandra brings forward towards the middle/end of the story.  Oh boy…I definitely knew he was special.  =)  He got on my nerves at times because he was a little over-bearing and very open to what he wanted to do with Callie…but he still had his mixed feelings for Sentinels.  He did win me over, when it came to his devotion of Callie at the end of the book.

I loved Callie because she definitely was one determined female character.  She put Duncan in his place at times and she even put her Guardian, Fane in his place.  Fane did get out of control with being protective, but I can definitely see why he was reluctant on letting her loose on her own and with Duncan.  Callie plays a major role in why the title of the book is Born in Blood.  You will have to read the book to find out why.  Definitely, loved the bad guys in the story and how Alexandra made me hate them.  (Yeah…you’ll see why it’s a love/hate with them)  =(  Poor Callie when she found out the truth, who was behind the murders of the girls!

Alexandra did a fabulous job with the first book and introducing what it is all about and giving us other characters to look forward to.  I enjoyed the first book in the new series from Alexandra Ivy and look forward to the next book.  I hope it is Fane’s book.  I really want to know why he is just all about work and not about having fun.

I give this book 4.5 moons and highly recommend it to paranormal romance readers out there.

I received a complimentary copy of the book from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Source: http://booklovinmamas.com/2014/01/07/arc-review-born-in-blood-by-alexandra-ivy