A SAHM that reads and reviews romance (all sub genres of romance), Urban Fantasy & Sci-Fi, sometimes Horror, and YA (some sub genres of it).
I've been reading since I was my oldest daughter's age….thanks to R.L. Stine & Christopher Pike…and later on thanks to Anne Rice. Those 3 authors changed my life and I have been obsessed with reading ever since.
Long Hard Ride is not the first book I've read by Lorelei James because two years ago I read another book in the Rough Riders series out of order. (I don't read out of order much because it's a pet peeve of mine, but the book's synopsis caught my eye)
I have been meaning to read this series from the beginning because the book I read two years ago sucked me into the Rough Rider series. I was ecstatic to get a chance to read Long Hard Ride for the first time, so whenever I had time between work and home I was reading this book. I wish I could've read it in a decent time, but my job takes precedence.
Things I enjoyed most about Long Hard Ride:
- Lorelei's James writing style, especially how she writes the steamy scenes. She's very detailed. =)
- Channing Kinkaid. She was a character trying to live her life and have fun. She didn't want her family to decide her life for her.
- The secondary characters of Long Hard Ride. Cash and Gemma. Those two were a riot at times.
Things that drove me crazy, but didn't stop me from reading:
- Colby McKay….Oh boy! He is one crazy alpha male who has emotions going everywhere in Long Hard Ride. He's not my favorite male so far from this series, but I know I'm going to like his brothers. I just didn't connect well with him.
- Trevor….He's such a pain in the butt with hiding something that I wanted to smack him. Other than that, I liked him a little more than Colby.
- I don't usually say this, but too many sexual moments between the characters that took away from the story. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed some sexual moments, but it was a lot with certain characters. Let's not forget how Colby handled certain sexual moments. Crazy Alpha male!
Other than that I enjoyed reading Long Hard Ride. Channing was my favorite character from the book and Lorelei James did make me teary-eyed in certain scenes in the book. It's never easy to read scenes, when someone gets hurt, etc. I look forward to reading this series in order now, just need to find time in between work, soccer/dance schedules, etc.
I give this book 3.75 moons and recommend it to readers who enjoy reading cowboy (bull rider) books with lots of steamy romance scenes.
This book includes: M/M, some mild BDSM, anal, menage, and lots more.
I received a complimentary copy of the book from RockStarLit PR (via the author) in exchange for an honest review.