franjessca

FranJessca [at] Book Lovin' Mamas

Girls Night Out: Volume 2 (GNO)
'Patricia A. Wolf', 'Calinda B', 'Lila Dubois', 'C.J. Ellisson'

5 moons - "Chained by Night" by Larissa Ione

Chained by Night - Larissa Ione

I have been a HUGE of Larissa Ione’s since I read her Demonica series back in 2009 when I served in the Navy. (Larissa Ione was my go-to author to read after a stressful day at work) I devoured the books back to back, so whenever Larissa brings out a new book/series I’m always there to buy it and read it within a day or two (depending on this stay at home mom’s schedule).

Chained by Night definitely did not disappoint at all, and I got to savor every bit of this world Larissa created without any interruptions. (I may have gave my husband the evil stare, whenever he tried to interrupt me reading this book. He definitely learned not to interrupt when reading Larissa’s books.  LOL)

Chained by Night picks up where Bound by Night left the readers off last, where Hunter has committed to a long-time mating to Rasha from a rival clan. Unfortunately, this relationship is not going to be a happy one at all because Hunter cannot stand his soon-to-be mate. No there’s no liking Rasha at all. In fact I wanted to smack her around whenever she had a part in the book. She’s all about following the strict ways of her clan and she finds Hunter’s way of being too soft. Hunter finds Rasha’s father’s ways of being too barbaric though. Hunter’s going to do everything he can for his clan, so that means hooking up with the craziness such as Rasha. ***Let’s just say readers will not want Hunter to hook up with the craziness of Rasha.

There are several other dilemmas that come forward in Chained by Night that make the book hard to put down. The humans are getting relentless and now they want to kill every vampire out there. There’s also the issue of Hunter meeting Rasha’s twin sister and how he finds her very intriguing and unforgettable.

Larissa gives readers two very strong main characters. One character being extreme alpha, and the other proving she’s stronger than what everyone assumes. There’s also the storyline that will have you on the edge of your seat because Larissa does an amazing job on having it flow perfectly. Action, heated romance, tension, etc, you best believe Larissa brings it ALL into Chained by Night.

I give this book 5 full moons and highly recommend it to PNR genre readers out there. Chained by Night is full of action, tension, romance, and drama with very strong (lovable) characters that will keep you turning the pages to the very end. Fore warning….be prepared to read this ALL night once you start reading it.  =)

I received a complimentary copy of the book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Source: http://booklovinmamas.com/2014/09/30/arc-review-chained-by-night-by-larissa-ione