franjessca

FranJessca [at] Book Lovin' Mamas

Girls Night Out: Volume 2 (GNO)
'Patricia A. Wolf', 'Calinda B', 'Lila Dubois', 'C.J. Ellisson'

3 moons - "Debt Inheritance" by Pepper Winters

Debt Inheritance - Pepper Winters

This is my second book I’ve read that is Dark Erotic Romance, and I’m still trying to find out if I like this genre or not. This genre takes me out of my comfort zone a lot. Don’t get me wrong I’ve watched a lot of movies that freaked me out and had scenes like this book had, but reading it is different. I’ve also read some dark moments in PNR and UF, but scenes in this book can really make a reader feel uncomfortable. The reason why I decided to read Debt Inheritance was because the synopsis and cover of Debt Inheritance caught my interest. Plus, I had never read anything from Pepper Winters and I’m always looking for new authors to read from.

Unfortunately, maybe I’m done with reading books that have motorcycle clubs in them, or maybe I was annoyed with Jethro constantly mentioning the debt. It got annoying and it was even more annoying with the female character, Nila having no idea why she was being given to him freely as his debt. She started finding out why she was his debt in this book, but not much and she was clueless why her family still owed Jethro’s family for over 600 years. This is when I questioned a lot on why one family had power over another family for so long. It had to be something serious, especially when Pepper announced what Jethro’s family was into. There was also the case of who Nila was texting during the time she was taken by Jethro. The person she is texting is a jerk just like the Hawk family is. She needs a true friend to help her in this matter.

I won’t go into much of the storyline because I don’t want to give anything away, but I will say I did enjoy some aspects of the book. First, I enjoyed knowing that Nila was going to fight and not be the timid girl for too long. She was very defiant in this book and I think she will fight even further in the next book. She has a serious medical condition that hinders her, but I feel she’s going to fight through it to gain her freedom. I’m hoping though that she doesn’t fall too hard for Jethro because he is a heartless a**hole. I also enjoyed how Pepper ended the story. Warning it does have a cliffhanger, which may make readers upset at first. I do plan on reading the next installment because I really hope that Nila gets revenge or at least escapes from the madness she’s in. I feel bad for the girl. She needs strength to get through what she is going through. Here’s hoping she gets revenge for the past women that went through what she is about to go through.

I give this book 3 full moons and recommend it to readers that enjoy dark erotic romance. This book contains scenes that may make a reader uncomfortable at times. The reader may even want to deck a few characters or in my case SEVERAL.

I received a complimentary copy of the book from TRSOR Promotions (from the Author) in exchange for an honest review.

Source: http://booklovinmamas.com/2014/09/01/arc-review-debt-inheritance-by-pepper-winters