franjessca

FranJessca [at] Book Lovin' Mamas

Girls Night Out: Volume 2 (GNO)
'Patricia A. Wolf', 'Calinda B', 'Lila Dubois', 'C.J. Ellisson'

4.5 moons - Lead by Kylie Scott

Lead - Kylie Scott

Lead is the third book in Kylie Scott’s Stage Dive series, and this time it is Jimmy who takes the stage on getting redeemed and romanced.  He’s the bad boy of the group who is forced to get a person to help him stay sober and not jump off the bandwagon again.  Unfortunately, the one who is hired to be his live-in baby-sitter has never done this before.  Lena is not a person who likes to be pushed over and is determined to do her job even if she’s just trying to make it through another day.  She never signed up to baby-sit Jimmy, but she’s doing it any ways until she can find something else.  She knows what he is capable of and for some reason the rest of the band noticed that Jimmy is changing with Lena.  Lena is going to be pushed to the brink with Jimmy, and it may cause issues with their business relationship and their some-what friendship they are trying to make.

Here are the things I really enjoyed in Lead.  First off, I adored Lena because she didn’t take any crap from Jimmy.  I was expecting Jimmy to be the most difficult in the band because of why he had Lena in the first place, but after reading Lead I definitely understood what he through and why he continued to be way he was.  He didn’t have it easy growing up and neither did his brother, David.  Lena put Jimmy through the ringer at times and I got a kick even how she handled Mal (which by the way will always be my favorite of the group)  His smart mouth and his way of picking up on things made me adore him even more in this book.  Another thing I adored about Lead was the sexy times that finally came.  Oh boy…Jimmy knew how to please a woman.  Geez…when he wanted it, he just made it known bluntly.  The table scene…in particular.  Yup…it’s a must-read.

One thing that bothered me, while reading Lead was how Jimmy did get on my nerves at certain moments. Some readers may not like how Lena fell for Jimmy, but I understood why she did.  She knew him due to working and living with him, but she had a difficult time dealing with his tactics when it came to love.  Jimmy had to be redeemed in the book for what he was going through, and he went in the wrong with doing it.  Although, he did make up for it in the end, he made my head-spin at times.  I gave Lena major props for dealing with Jimmy and I gave her major props after witnessing him get undressed.  Kylie does an amazing job describing in detail what the Stage Dive characters look like.

I give this book 4.5 moons and recommend it to readers out that love rock star novels.  I swear I’m obsessed with these kind of novels and Kylie just makes my obsession even worst.  Looking forward to diving into Ben’s story next.  I can’t wait to find out, which lady will win him over.  He’s going to be a difficult one too.  =)

I received a complimentary copy of the book from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Source: http://booklovinmamas.com/2014/07/31/arc-review-lead-by-kylie-scott