franjessca

FranJessca [at] Book Lovin' Mamas

Girls Night Out: Volume 2 (GNO)
'Patricia A. Wolf', 'Calinda B', 'Lila Dubois', 'C.J. Ellisson'

4.5 moons - "No Rest for the Wicked" by Kresley Cole

No Rest for the Wicked - Kresley Cole

I read No Rest for the Wicked back in 2010 when I was still in the Navy, so I wanted to reread this whole series this year due to the upcoming release of Dark Skye.  I definitely regret not listening to this book, when I did reread it because I’m loving the narrator in the next book.  (Plus…I probably would have finished faster…kind of hard to do a reread of a series during summertime)

I have loved the Immortal After Dark series since the moment I picked it up in 2010, and I’m glad I’m re-visiting my favorite characters in the series.  I have missed Sebastian and Kaderin the Cold Hearted.  Although, Kaderin did give me a hard time when I first read this book.  She was stubborn when it came to Sebastian. She had her reasons though.  A Valkyrie and vampire…yeah…not happening because what happened in the past.  Poor Sebastian has never liked for what he became thanks to his brother, so I felt sympathy for the poor guy trying to win over a stubborn Valkyrie.  He proved so many times that he wanted to be with her, but Kaderin made it difficult, especially when she’s trying to win the Hie.  She wants to get her sisters back and Sebastian is just getting in the way.  Poor vampire!

Kresley Cole’s world-buidling and character development in each of the IAD books is impressive.  I have no idea how she does it on keeping up with everything with her characters.  She even throws in previous and future characters in the story.  I love the Valkyries and their protectiveness of each other.  Kaderin was clueless on certain things that were happening back in New Orleans, and I loved her reaction to what happened to Emma and Myst.

If there is one thing I enjoyed about No Rest for the Wicked is the actual challenges that Kaderin and Sebastian had to complete and the places they had to visit for the Hie (contest).  The ending was epic and had me in tears because of what Sebastian decided to do.  He won me over, so many times in this book.  Although, he’s not my top favorite male character in the IAD series, he comes in a close 3rd place.  He is such a sweetheart and was able to deal with Kaderin.  Yup…he has some major patience.

I give this book 4.5 moons and highly recommend this series to paranormal romance readers out there. Be prepared if you do pick up the first book in the series, you’ll want to finish the rest of the series right away.  These books are addicting.  =)

NOTE:  This reread of IAD series is making me come back to my love of PNR again.  It’s been a while that I’ve read PNR… maybe way too long.

Source: http://booklovinmamas.com/2014/06/18/review-no-rest-for-the-wicked-by-kresley-cole