franjessca

FranJessca [at] Book Lovin' Mamas

Girls Night Out: Volume 2 (GNO)
'Patricia A. Wolf', 'Calinda B', 'Lila Dubois', 'C.J. Ellisson'

4.5 moons- "Lay Me Down" by Erin Kellison

Lay Me Down: Reveler Series 2 - Erin Kellison

Lay Me Down is the second novella to Erin Kellison’s Reveler series, and it continues on where Darkness Falls left off at.  In Lay Me Down, we have Maisie and Steve taking the reigns with this story. Special Agent Steve Coll is apart of the Chimera and wants to recruit Maisie for Chimera.  Unfortunately, if you’ve readDarkness Falls you’ll find out that Maisie has gotten into something that is shady for the Rêves.  She’s been delivering for packages through dreams, but she never knows what she is delivering.  All she cares about it is the money she receives from delivering.  She has no clue that the people that make her deliver the packages are under Chimera’s radar as being up to NO good.

In Lay Me Down, we find out a little more about the Chimera and the bad guys.  Steve and Maisie were two characters I adored in complete different ways.  Steve with his secret that is revealed in this book that should freak people out…especially Maisie, but she actually takes it very well.  He is also very protective of Maisie…even though he tries to convince himself he’s not.  The minute I was introduced to Maisie in Darkness Falls, I adored her personality.  She is what you would consider a rebel, and she doesn’t care what people think of her.  She also has a smart mouth and knows how to deal with Steve.  She has rare talents like her sister, Jordan does and I was fascinated to learn about Maisie in Lay Me Down.

The storyline although felt a little rushed in this book, which is why it’s not getting the full 5 full moons. I felt confused during parts of the story because of how fast everything was going, but I still enjoyed reading it.   Questions were answered in this story about certain things I was curious about.  I know the author is most likely building up the story even further, which I can patiently wait for.  =)

I give this book 4.5 moons and recommend it to PNR readers out there that enjoy not only paranormal elements, but also a mixture of suspense and lots of action.

I received a complimentary copy of the book from the author’s assistant (for the blog tour) on exchange for an honest review.

Source: http://booklovinmamas.com/2014/06/12/review-lay-me-down-by-erin-kellison