franjessca

FranJessca [at] Book Lovin' Mamas

Girls Night Out: Volume 2 (GNO)
'Patricia A. Wolf', 'Calinda B', 'Lila Dubois', 'C.J. Ellisson'

4.5 moons - "Darkness Falls" by Erin Kellison

Darkness Falls: Reveler Series 1 -  'Erin Kellison'

Darkness Falls in the first novella of the Reveler series, Darkness Falls, from Erin Kellison and I loved this first book to a new series from Erin.  Erin created a storyline I have never read before, and it intrigued me the minute I started reading Darkness Falls.

Imagine going into a dream world. where you have control over the lucidity of it and control of what you want to be and do anything you like in the dream world.  Although, sometimes those dreams can be dangerous at times if you let your dreams run haywire or it can be very seductive and addicting.

You have a sexy specimen like Michael Rook in your dreams that is trying to recruit you if you have a rare talent for his team, the Chimera is looking for. In comes Jordan, who doesn’t want to be apart of the policing the Rêves.  She’s only doing it for her sister.  She has no clue that she has a rare talent until she comes into danger with another group that wants to recruit her.

Some things I adored about this first novella in this new series is how Erin introduced the world and the characters so far.  I loved Michael due to his character always saying some stuff about himself that definitely was not true.  He was hard on himself, but he had reasons why he was hard on himself.  He had something happen that changed his world.  Then there’s Jordan who was clueless on everything, but I liked how she was protective of herself and her sister.

I was a little confused at first on the beginning, but after I got a better explanation about the Rêves, I was able to follow along better.  Like I said, this was a different kind of PNR that involves something I have never read before, which is why I’m intrigued with it.

I give this book 4.5 moons, and recommend it to readers of the PNR genre and readers who are looking for something different.  It’s a novella, which means it won’t take long to read.  I had to sneak it in whenever my youngest was napping, and my oldest was preoccupied with reading her own books or playing video games.  (It’s summer time…which means this Book Lovin’ Mama needs to hide to read)

I received a complimentary copy of the book from the author’s assistant (for the blog tour) in exchange for an honest review.

Source: http://booklovinmamas.com/2014/06/11/review-darkness-falls-by-erin-kellison