franjessca

FranJessca [at] Book Lovin' Mamas

Girls Night Out: Volume 2 (GNO)
'Patricia A. Wolf', 'Calinda B', 'Lila Dubois', 'C.J. Ellisson'

4.5 moons - "Immortal Hunter" by Kait Ballenger

Immortal Hunter  - Kait Ballenger

WARNING – This book will have you crying…so if you decide to read this out and about, be prepared to have the tissues next to you.  I thought I get that out there before I even typed my review of Immortal Hunterbecause certain scenes made me cry.

In the second book of the Execution Underground series, we have the demon exorcist David Aronowitz trying to do his job at EU, while also worrying about his past love who got hurt in the previous book (Twilight Hunter).  He never thought he would see her again after she walked out on him 5 years ago. (So if you haven’t read Twilight Hunter, you will definitely want to read the first book before this one.…Certain events happened that Kait Ballenger will have the characters continue with…one month after.)

What I loved most about Immortal Hunter – 1) David and Allsún were best friends before they were lovers and they used to hunt demons together.  (My favorite kind of couple will always be the ones who have been friends forever before they become a couple. Maybe because I married my best friend)  =)  2) Another thing I loved about Immortal Hunter was the fact that David read romances.  Hey…any guy that can sit down and read a romance novel…wins me over completely.  My own husband won’t dare read romance.  (I’m a little curious on what was on David’s bookshelves, and what was his favorite romance book so far that he read)  3) How Kait wrote certain scenes very detailed, even when they tended to make me cringe at times.  I think I had nightmares over certain scenes.  (Readers may find certain scenes disturbing, but for a reader like me, I wanted to solve the case right along with the characters.  I wanted the characters to kick the killer’s butt)

In the book, readers will find out David and Allsún’s relationship from the past to the present and what drove them apart.   Their relationship 5 years ago turned upside down, when Allsún found out something about David that made her walk away from their love.  David didn’t find out the truth on what happened that day until much later in the book. Here’s the thing that bothered me with Allsún because I believe she could have told David the truth.  He would have reacted a different way then Allsún expected.   David was such a sweet, protective, caring guy who loved his fiancée very much.  Even when she walked out of his life 5 years ago, he still could not hide his feelings for her.  Allsún though after reading what happened to her…I just wanted to go through the book and hug her and comfort her. (Just thinking about it…makes me want to hug her even more. I have to remind myself she’s fictional.)

Kait Ballenger gave us an action-packed paranormal romance tale that pushed buttons and may make the readers cringe at times.  I know I was on the edge of my seat waiting to find out what was going to happen next, and if the characters would finally find out what was going on with the killings.

I give this book 4.5 moons and highly recommend it to paranormal romance readers out there.  I highly recommend you read Shadow Hunter and Twilight Hunter first though.  You don’t want to miss out on this series.  Kait Ballenger’s Execution Underground series is one series that has you constantly turning the pages to find out what is going to happen next in the story.

Oh…and can I just say I look forward to Shane’s story.  =)

I received a complimentary copy of the book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Source: http://booklovinmamas.com/2014/04/03/arc-review-immortal-hunter-by-kait-ballenger