franjessca

FranJessca [at] Book Lovin' Mamas

Girls Night Out: Volume 2 (GNO)
'Patricia A. Wolf', 'Calinda B', 'Lila Dubois', 'C.J. Ellisson'

5 full moons - "Rising Assets" by Rebecca Zanetti

Rising Assets (Entangled Brazen) - Rebecca Zanetti

Rising Assets is the third book to Rebecca Zanetti’s Montana Maverick’s series and after reading it, I want to move to Montana.  Well…not literally because my husband has already said no to the idea. (He knows I wouldn’t be able to handle the cold weather any ways during the winter months…LOL…One reason why we moved out of the state of Virginia.)

Maybe I just want to move to Montana because of the characters Colton and Melanie, and how Rebecca described certain scenes in Montana.  Rising Assets is Colton and Melanie’s story and it was full of romance, lots of humor, some sad moments, and a little bit of drama. Here is a couple that had been friends since they were little.  Oh and because of this friendship, everyone in town had a bet when these two would eventually get together. Unfortunately though, Colton and Melanie are in denial over becoming more than friends.  At least Melanie was.

Melanie is one character who is stubborn, but she had reasons to be.  She’s your strong-willed female who is proving to everyone she can handle whatever life throws at her.  I adored everything about her because of her personality. But what can I say about sexy Colton…hmmm…he’s just as stubborn as Melanie, but in a different kind of way.  Oh…and did I mention the part he’s sexy and supposedly looks great in both a suit and casual wear?  I have no idea how Melanie was able to resist him for so long.  I couldn’t resist after the first chapter. He’s your sexy business guy running the family business and your sexy cowboy all packaged in one.  He’s intimidating though in a successful kind of way, and poor Melanie is just wanting to live her life without his help.

You could tell from the beginning how they felt for each other before they even knew.  If there is one thing I love about this story is the best friends becoming more than friends storyline. (One of the reasons is because my hubs and I were friends before we were more.  Makes me re-live days on how I gave him such a hard time)  =)

Rebecca has the previous characters in this book too, one in particular I’m very interested to find out more about is Hawk. He went through something in this book that left me in shock and wanting more.  Hawk is very close to Melanie and Colton, and he actually plays a part in the story that you may find interesting.

I give this book 5 full moons and highly recommend it to contemporary romance readers out there.  I’m going to admit and say I didn’t read the first two books  in the series, but I didn’t have a hard time following Rising Assets when reading it.  Rebecca does a great job on bringing in the previous characters and giving details on how they met in their books.  Now…I need to make time to read the first two books.  I enjoyed being in Montana (fictionally) with Colton and know I will enjoy being there with his other brothers.  =)

I received a complimentary copy of the book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Source: http://booklovinmamas.com/2014/03/31/arc-review-rising-assets-by-rebecca-zanetti/#more-20067