franjessca

FranJessca [at] Book Lovin' Mamas

Girls Night Out: Volume 2 (GNO)
'Patricia A. Wolf', 'Calinda B', 'Lila Dubois', 'C.J. Ellisson'

3.5 moons - "Deep Surrendering (Episode One)" by Chelsea M. Cameron

Deep Surrendering (Episode One) - Chelsea M. Cameron

There are times I can’t stand serials, but other times I really enjoy them.  It all depends on how the author writes them.  When I read the synopsis of Deep Surrendering I knew I could not wait for the other serials to come out in order.  This will be my second book I’ve read from Chelsea M. Cameron, and I definitely was intrigued by the storyline and the characters while reading it.

This is the first episode, so this is the start of many more novellas to come. Marisol and Fin are the main characters to the story. Marisol’s friend Rory, hooks her up with Fin Herald.  He’s handsome and irresistible, but very mysterious.  When Marisol and Fin go on their first date all is going well until the end of the date.  Let’s just say Fin’s personality is uppity at first and then, once it starts turning to something serious he becomes a different person.  A VERY different person.  He has a darker side that is just being revealed in this episode.  He mentions to Rory he has  another side, but doesn’t tell her.  He doesn’t think she would want to be apart of his darker side.

Chelsea leaves me hanging basically at the end on what is really going on with Fin.  Grrrr!  (Yup…frustration hits) The only thing that drove me crazy with this episode was Fin’s wacky personality constantly changing, but I know eventually I’ll find out what is going on with him.  (If he was real…I would’ve slapped him several times for Marisol) I must find out what is going with him.  Poor Marisol…the girl is getting stir crazy on what is going on with him.  I feel for her.  I really do.

If you enjoy serials, you will definitely enjoy reading this.  If serials are not your thing, but you still want to read this…I would recommend waiting until most of them are out. At least Chelsea is not making us wait long.  I can handle waiting for the next episode next month.  (Thank goodness Chelsea has other books I can check out in the mean time)

I give this episode 3.5 moons and definitely will be picking up the next episode when it comes out.

I received a complimentary copy of the book for the blog tour in exchange for an honest review.

Source: http://booklovinmamas.com/2014/03/27/review-deep-surrendering-episode-one-by-chelsea-m-cameron-blog-tour-giveaway