franjessca

FranJessca [at] Book Lovin' Mamas

Girls Night Out: Volume 2 (GNO)
'Patricia A. Wolf', 'Calinda B', 'Lila Dubois', 'C.J. Ellisson'

4.5 moons - "Night of Pleasure" by Delilah Marvelle

Night of Pleasure (School of Gallantry #4) - Delilah Marvelle

Every once in a while I find myself wanting to read a historical romance and I know Delilah Marvelle is one author I enjoy reading from this genre.  One of the reasons why I love reading this genre is that it takes me back to the past.  Being a history freak, I enjoy having Authors that can describe what it would be like during a historical period I loved learning about as a child, and putting this period into a romantic setting with fictional characters.  To me the historical genre makes me fall in love with what is was like back then, and I love how Delilah has a passion for this genre.  You can tell immediately from her writing style she has done her research on not only the period, but what the characters would be like back then and what they went through.

In Night of Pleasure, Delilah Marvelle does a marvelous job taking me back during a time, where women wore those beautiful gowns and men tried to sweep those women off their feet.  In the case of Derek (Viscount Banfield) and Miss Clementine Grey, Derek has no idea he is supposed to marry Clementine until he meets her for the first time, while his father is ill.   He makes a horrible impression at first with her and she doesnt want anything to do with the arranged marriage to Derek.  Derek has to wait until Clementine is at age and he tries everything to get himself ready for her, when they do get married.

Delilah has both characters that have no experience at all when it comes to love and sex.  I don’t think I’ve ever read a book where both characters have no experience, but Delilah does an amazing job on bringing forth the School of Gallantry that comes into the mix.  The School of Gallantry is to teach men on what they need to do.  Derek though stumbles on to this school due to situations that arise between his future wife.  Clementine is stubborn in the book and at times she drove me crazy.  She didn’t want to try at all to be with Derek and lied to Derek about what she was up to.  (I do not want to give the storyline away at all, so I won’t go into detail on what causes both of them to fight constantly.)

I loved how Delilah had two characters manage to get through everything, but she never made it easy for them.  Poor Derek was in love with Clementine from the moment he meets her and, he tries his hardest to win her over.  He does it in the wrong way though.  I could describe him as being the horny young guy who just wants to jump her at every turn he can get.  He also can be considered alpha like due to his jealousy and protective statue he has of her.  I adored his character and felt connected to him because he was willing to give it a go and also give up getting married to make her happy.  I could go on and on about this book, but I do not want to spoil for anyone who wants to read it.

I give this book 4.5 moons and recommend it to readers out there that love historical romance.

I received a complimentary copy of the book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Source: http://booklovinmamas.com/2014/03/23/arc-review-night-of-pleasure-by-delilah-marvelle