franjessca

FranJessca [at] Book Lovin' Mamas

Girls Night Out: Volume 2 (GNO)
'Patricia A. Wolf', 'Calinda B', 'Lila Dubois', 'C.J. Ellisson'

5 full moons - "Every Second with You" by Lauren Blakely

Every Second With You: 2 (No Regrets) - Lauren Blakely

Every Second with You picks up where The Thrill of It left off at.  (Which if you have not read The Thrill of It then you need to read that book before reading Every Second with You)

Lauren Blakely continues with Harley and Trey’s story in Every Second with You, and where there relationship has progressed to.  Lauren spills out the biggest juiciest thing that has happened to Harley and Trey.  Harley is scared to tell Trey the truth because she’s afraid he’s going to leave her.  Trey is dealing with his own pressures still of getting over his sex addiction.  He’s tempted immediately by his past due to a past sex interest coming back after so many years not being around.  She has someone with her though that has caught Trey’s eye and made him even more nervous.

Harley is dealing with the majority of the pressure in this book because her life definitely has changed.  She now has something else in her life that could impact her to be a better person and not be like her mother.  She also had her past that crept up in this book as well, but she was able to deal with it pretty quickly. I was really proud of what she ended up doing to come to terms with what she did before.  She grew up so much in this book, and I definitely believe it was what the big change that made her grow up even more.  She turned a 360 in this book and I adore every decision she made.

Trey had several moments where he almost lost my trust, but he was able to pull through. His love for Harley definitely helped him get through his troubles.  The ending of the book made me feel very sympathetic to him.  He went through so much and he was just trying to cope with what happened.  He had Harley though to reassure him and Harley’s family they found out about in this book.

I enjoyed reading the continuation of Harley and Trey’s story.  I was curious to know if they tied up loose ends, and they definitely did.  They did it together, which made their relationship much stronger.  Harley’s mother is still a B****.  I could not stand her in the first book, and I hated her even more in this book.  It was certain characters in this book that helped Harley get through what she was going through.  She definitely needed someone in her family to be there for her and not just Trey.  Lauren did an amazing job making me love Harley and Trey’s story, and I loved how she made it all come together for them.  There is a moment though that is going to make cringe and get emotional.  Oh boy…did I almost bawl like a baby.  Actually…I should say two incidents.  I won’t mention what they are because I will spoil the book.  Let’s just say…you will see another side of Trey that will make you love him even more.

I give this book 5 full moons and highly recommend it to New Adult readers out there.

I look forward to reading more books from Lauren Blakely.   She definitely has become an auto-buy Author for me.  =)

I received a complimentary copy of the book from the Author (for the Blog Tour) in exchange for an honest review.

Source: http://booklovinmamas.com/2014/02/12/blog-tour-every-second-with-you-by-lauren-blakely-arc-review-giveaway