franjessca

FranJessca [at] Book Lovin' Mamas

Girls Night Out: Volume 2 (GNO)
'Patricia A. Wolf', 'Calinda B', 'Lila Dubois', 'C.J. Ellisson'

4 full moons - "Heart of Rock" by Karyn Gerrard

Heart of Rock - Karyn Gerrard

I love a good quick read about a rock star.  For some reason, it always makes me reminisce on the rock stars I had a crush on as a teenager and well..let’s just admit now…I still have a crush on.  =)

Karyn Gerrard gives you a story of what happens to rock stars, when they have inner demons in them and that one person, who pulls them out of their hardship.  Brogan Byrne is a Irishman, who is touring with his band, but he is losing his mind and his friends pretty quickly to his dangerous lifestyle.  He crosses the line one day after his concert and his band and his family are sick of it.  The record label has hired a new manager to take care of him, and Carly Montgomery is going to make the rockstars life difficult from now on.  No more drugs, women, and booze, while on tour and she will make sure he cleans up his act before something awful happens.

Every woman that comes in contact with the sexy Irish rockstar ends up falling to his sexiness.  Carly is learning that she may end up falling for him as well.

Karyn Gerrard did an amazing job on a story of a rock star that falls for his demons, but picks himself back up with the help of a person, he never thought could change him.  Karyn definitely does not make it easy for both the characters though.

Brogan definitely has some serious demons eating him live and he definitely believes he’s doing some good falling for the bad ways in his life.  He drove me crazy though at times in the book due to making bad choices, and he needed someone to help guide him back.  I really enjoyed every time Gio, (Carly’s backup) took care of him.  He never made it easy for Brogan.  =)

Carly is a very strong female character, who knows how to handle the troubles of dealing with rock bands.  She does have her own weaknesses though, but she hides them well.

I really enjoyed this story and look forward to reading more books from Karyn Gerrard.

I give this book 4 full moons and recommend it to readers that love reading rock star romances.

I received a complimentary copy of the book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Source: http://booklovinmamas.com/2013/11/25/interview-with-karyn-gerrard-review-heart-of-rock