franjessca

FranJessca [at] Book Lovin' Mamas

Girls Night Out: Volume 2 (GNO)
'Patricia A. Wolf', 'Calinda B', 'Lila Dubois', 'C.J. Ellisson'

3.5 moons - "Ride" by JC Emery

Ride  - J.C. Emery

Ride is my first book by JC Emery and I’m definitely glad I was introduced to Ride from the blog tour.  I love books that involve motorcycles and hot tattooed guys and this book is definitely about those two things…but it also involves an Italian Mafia.

The first chapter alone in Ride had me intrigued due to what the poor character, Alexandra has to deal with.  She definitely has lived a shelter life being the Principessa, thanks to her father being the big hunch-o in the Italian Mafia.  She has to be obedient and not be mouthing off, and she must accept the fact that her father is going to arrange her to be married to the guy of his choosing.  Women in the Mafia are just meant to be good house wives and do what they are told, but Alex’s life is about to turn upside down.  She just went to the funeral of someone, who used to be in her Dad’s Mafia, but the minute he became a rat, he ended up being Dad.  You do not ever talk to be outside of the family, if you do, you are no longer going to live.  Unfortunately, one night Alex does the unthinkable, but she thinks is doing good, but in the end, she finds herself in danger.  Her Aunt Gloria has to call for help to get Alex away from the Mafia, so she doesn’t get killed.

Alex is thrown into a world of motorcycles and men that are nothing like her Dad’s men.  She even finds secrets that were kept hidden from her the day before she is thrown into the world of the men with vests saying “Forsaken” on them. She has no clue what is going on, but she is about to find out even further truths about her life and it may break her farther or make her stronger.

There is also the issue of Alex falling for one of the men…named Ryan.  She has been told not to, but it’s kind of hard.  He is a sexy tattooed guy, who has something that makes her want him.  Unfortunately, he is the biggest jerk of them all.  Oh boy, did he get on my nerves.  I think he may be the first character in awhile that I want to hurt.  I have no love for Ryan at all because of what he put Alex through.  There were times I even hated Alex and her ways of just letting him get away with things.  She did though have a mouth on her and spoke back at times, which made me like her again.

Ryan though just pissed me off in Ride.  He cannot accept the fact he has feelings for Alex the minute she steps into his life and he runs off to do things to hurt her.  I just could not like him.

I did like some of the secondary characters in the story and want to find out more about Duke and several others in the gang.

I loved the plot of the story and how Alex finds out the truth on what really happened.  I also liked getting not only Alex’s POV, but Ryan’s too.  Unfortunately, I still did not like him even after his POV.  LOL  He just irked me for so many reasons.

I did find the ending a little rushed though, but I definitely want to know what happens next…dang it.  There was a little cliffhanger and I know it cannot end that way.  No way…I need find out what is going to happen with Alex’s father.

I give this book 3.5 moons and I will definitely be reading the next book because it’s Duke’s book and he’s definitely one I need to read more of.  If only Ryan will be less of a jerk in the next book…if I do have to deal with him.  LOL  Grr…yup…can you tell, I cannot stand him?

I received a complimentary copy of the book for the blog tour one exchange for an honest review.

Source: http://booklovinmamas.com/2013/11/03/blog-tour-ride-by-jc-emery-review-giveaway