franjessca

FranJessca [at] Book Lovin' Mamas

Girls Night Out: Volume 2 (GNO)
'Patricia A. Wolf', 'Calinda B', 'Lila Dubois', 'C.J. Ellisson'

5 full moons - "Black and Blue" by Gena Showalter

Black and Blue - Gena Showalter

In Black and Blue, we are reading Corbin’s experience with what happened in Last Kiss Goodnight and the explosion that changed the Otherworld Assassins’ worlds.  Corbin is forced to get help from the one person, he shouldn’t get help from because of what happened in the past and because of his boss telling him to stay away from her.  Unfortunately, she is the only one that can heal him and help him at the moment.  He also can’t trust anyone else.  Evangeline never thought Corbin would grace her presence again and this time asking for her medical help.  Feelings are going to show up and the truth of who caused the explosion is going to show up in Black and Blue.  There is also the issues of getting back the rest of the Otherworld Assassins team.

I was excited to read Black and Blue, due to it being Corbin Blue’s book, but now after finishing it, I believe Evangeline Black stole the show.  Gena Showalter gives us two characters, who know how to tame each other.  From the beginning of the book to the end, Evangeline puts the ever-so-sexy playboy, Corbin in his place.  I think Evangeline may be my FAVE female character, so far from the Otherwold Assassin series.  She had a way with words, literally.  I believe Corbin met his match the minute he met Michael’s daughter, Evangeline.  She put him in shock at times.  They definitely have the love-hate relationship and you get that from the beginning to the end of the book.  There is no change at all and Gena did a spectacular job making me love these two.

Corbin is the sexy playboy in the book and he knows what he is, and he does not change until the moment he realizes the truth about his feelings about Evangeline.  He should be the most hated in the story for playing women, but for some reason I loved him.  He had a way of winning over any female and now I know why.  He also is one powerful, strong otherworlder.

Evangeline is the most stubborn, but strong-willed female character in this series so far.  I loved every bit of her due to how she talked to Corbin.  She even put her father in his place at times.  She managed to get herself in situations, but she managed through them all.  I love a kick-butt female character!

The storyline and the romance between the characters should have readers enjoying every bit of this story.  (Those two definitely had built up tension between them and they definitely needed to get it out)

I give this book 5 full moons and highly recommend it to paranormal romance readers out there.  If you are a fan of Gena Showalter then you will enjoy this book.  I highly recommend reading the books in order though.  You will want to know what Solo went through in Last Kiss Goodnight.

Oh and for everyone, who misses Dallas, you will get even more of him in this book.  I still love me some, Dallas.  =)

I received a complimentary copy of the book from the Author in exchange for an honest review.

Source: http://booklovinmamas.com/2013/10/22/gena-showalters-black-and-blue-spotlightarc-review-halloween-hop-blog-tour-infoschedule-giveaway