franjessca

FranJessca [at] Book Lovin' Mamas

Girls Night Out: Volume 2 (GNO)
'Patricia A. Wolf', 'Calinda B', 'Lila Dubois', 'C.J. Ellisson'

5 full moons - "She Can Scream" by Melinda Leigh

She Can Scream - Melinda Leigh

I know I am going to have a hard time typing up this review without crying because She Can Scream definitely was a very emotional book and the storyline alone should have people in twisted knots after they read this book.  Melinda Leigh gives us a story that actually makes people realize that not everything should be posted online and you should be very weary on adding people to your social networks sites.

She Can Scream involves a woman trying to overcome what happened to her friend so many years ago that she blames her self for.  Brooke Davenport is now a self-defense teacher, trying to teach the women in her local home how to protect themselves.  Unfortunately, she ends up messing up a local killer’s next plan to kill a young woman, he has been stalking for a while now.  She saves the young lady’s life and now the killer is determined to finish what he started and accomplish more in his killings.

Brooke’s brother is about to be deployed again and he is scared to what could happen to Brooke, so he asks his best friend, Luke Holloway to look after her and her two kids.  Luke Holloway has his own demons, he’s trying to come to terms with.  He blames himself for what happened when he was working, when a explosion happened and  a young woman, he was working with got killed.  He is an ethical hacker and provides services for companies wanting someone to find out their vulnerabilities in their networks.  His job definitely is not easy, but it provides companies better ways to secure their network.

Brooke is stubborn because she feels its her job to help the women in her community since she feels she could have prevented her friend’s death.  Luke has so much on his plate as it is, but he cannot help, but realize that Brooke definitely needs someone there for her.

I loved both Brooke and Luke’s characters because of what they continuously went through and how they definitely were meant to help each other get through their demons.  I was fascinated with Luke right away when Melinda announced his job description.  The same kind of job I am currently working on getting my degree in.  I also was impressed with Brooke’s courage to help other women out there and make sure they did not fall victim to anyone.

She Can Scream definitely opens up what the biggest concerns with social networks are and how important it is to know self-defense.

Melinda Leigh did a fabulous job from beginning to end, building up the suspense of the story and having us trying to figure out, who the killer is and what his true motives were.  I definitely was not expecting the person at the end to be the killer.  Melinda Leigh definitely threw me off on this book.

I give this book 5 full moons and highly recommend it to romantic suspense readers out there and fans of Melinda Leigh’s books.  You will need some tissues though and you may not look at your computer or social networks the same way.

I received a complimentary copy of the book from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Source: http://booklovinmamas.com/2013/09/23/arc-review-she-can-scream-by-melinda-leigh