franjessca

FranJessca [at] Book Lovin' Mamas

Girls Night Out: Volume 2 (GNO)
'Patricia A. Wolf', 'Calinda B', 'Lila Dubois', 'C.J. Ellisson'

4 full moons - Love Me to Death by Marissa Clarke

Love Me to Death - Marissa Clarke

I have wanted to get back to my roots of reading PNR for a while now because the paranormal world/elements is what got me addicted to reading when I was a teenager. PNR is the genre I go to when I'm in a reading funk, and I'm so glad I came across Love Me to Death at Entangled Publishing.

The cover alone made me want to read Love Me to Death, and then I read the synopsis and I was immediately hooked. A story I haven't read before and a new author to try.

Although, I will say this it took me a while to finish Love Me to Death because there was so much going on in this novel. From the first page to the last, I was bombarded with what was going on with the characters Elena Aros and Nikolai Itzov. Elena had no idea there was a world of paranormal around her and she was about to be mixed into it. Nikolai is sent to kill Elena until he comes in contact with her and realizes he can't kill her.

I won't go much into the storyline because I could end up giving something away.

What made me continue to read Love Me to Death even if it took me a while to read it:

~The storyline of the different paranormal creatures and elements in the story. I loved the idea of ALL of these different kinds of characters battling for the major plot/point in the story. I loved the side characters sometimes more than than main characters. Aunt Uza was silly…but I adored her.

~Elena and Nik's together. The sexual moments and the moments of the beginning between these two. The sexual scenes are not going to take over too much in the book because the major part is getting the story of what they are doing across more. Don't get me wrong I did enjoy the sexual moments, but I wanted to know if these two would figure out their dilemmas first.

~The ending. =) (Nope not spoiling)

Things that drove me crazy while reading:

~The character Aleksandra at first. (Mostly in the beginning and sometimes in the middle of the novel) I couldn't stand her character because she seemed cold/hot at times. I also didn't enjoy what Elena thought was happening between Nik and Aleksandra.

~The book would get confusing at times because so much is going on. I got lost a couple of times, but it didn't stop me from reading.

~Elena changing her mind about what was going on around her and what was happening to her. She even changed how she felt about Nik several times. Very confusing character, but she won me over towards the end, once she made up her mind.

Overall, Love Me to Death is a very enjoyable book and I look forward to reading the next book in the series. That ending left me hanging about certain characters, dang it!

I give this book 4 full moons and recommend it to PNR/UF readers out there that are looking for something to different to read.

I received a complimentary copy of the book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Source: http://booklovinmamas.com/2014/11/05/review-love-me-to-death-by-marissa-clarke