franjessca

FranJessca [at] Book Lovin' Mamas

Girls Night Out: Volume 2 (GNO)
'Patricia A. Wolf', 'Calinda B', 'Lila Dubois', 'C.J. Ellisson'

5 moons - Archangel's Kiss by Nalini Singh

Archangel's Kiss  - Nalini Singh

I’m really loving this series from Nalini Singh. I’m kicking myself in the butt for not reading this series sooner because I’m a huge fan of Angels/Archangels in the PNR genre.

Now I’m on a mission to read the rest of the series before the next book comes out. I will need days of being closed off from civilization, so I can manage reading them. If only I could make myself a clone for a few days, so my clone to get the housework done, get the oldest daughter off the school, and keep the youngest daughter busy throughout the day. *sigh…if only that was possible…I could get through books faster*

Forewarning – If you haven’t read the first book…skip reading this review. I highly recommend reading this series in order otherwise you will miss out on what is going on. I try not to spoil anything because I’m one of those that hates spoilers…but it’s kind of hard to not gush over this book/series.

In Archangel’s Kiss, Vampire hunter Elena Deveraux wakes from a year long coma to have become an angel with wings. She’s not fully immortal though, which makes Raphael (the archangel that helped change her) worry about her. Elena now has to adjust from being human to learning how to fly. It’s not as easy as everyone thinks. She also has to adjust to having Raphael boss her around and she’s not someone who takes to authority very well. (Can’t say I blame her because Raphael is definitely a very controlling alpha male…but sexy too!!!) Now that Elena is an angel, Raphael is more intrigued by his Guild Hunter. He wants to help her adjust to her new life, but he has a hard time adjusting to what happened in Angel’s Blood with him going into the Quiet slightly.

In the second novel to the Guild Hunter series, Elena and Raphael have been invited to Lijuan’s ball. Raphael is a little weary on accepting the invitation though. Lijuan is one of the oldest archangel’s and she’s showing signs of having a very strong power that awakes the dead. Lijuan is intrigued by Elena as well, and has several surprises in store for Elena.

From the beginning to the end of this book, you’ll be on the edge of your seat because Elena is not only having to deal with Lijuan but several other nuisances. Poor Elena can’t catch a break, and Nalini is going to put Elena and Raphael through several tests with each other. She also tests Elena a lot with her strength. Let’s just say I was constantly worrying for Elena’s safety, but I knew my girl could get through it all. The person who ticked me off the most was another archangel who keeps giving Elena a hard time. Get a life, archangel!

I could go on and on about how much I loved this story, but I’m going to move along and finish reading the next book in the series. I’m having hard time leaving Elena and Raphael for too long. I need to know what happens next to these two.

Nalini makes her Guild Hunter series very addicting and hard to put down. I give this book 5 full moons and highly recommend this series to PNR readers out there.

Source: http://booklovinmamas.com/2014/10/13/review-archangels-kiss-by-nalini-singh