franjessca

FranJessca [at] Book Lovin' Mamas

Girls Night Out: Volume 2 (GNO)
'Patricia A. Wolf', 'Calinda B', 'Lila Dubois', 'C.J. Ellisson'

3.5 moons - "The Lost One" by Liz Lovelock

The Lost One (Lost Series Book 1) - Liz Lovelock, Hot Tree Editing, Cover to Cover Designs Cover Designer

The Lost One is a great start to Liz Lovelock’s debut novel to her Lost series. Liz immediately sucked me in with the mysterious and dramatic prologue in the beginning. She even immediately kept me entertained throughout the story following the main character.

Melodi White has the most unthinkable happened in her life. Her fraternal twin, Abby has disappeared and supposedly murdered by her evil boyfriend, Jacob. Unfortunately Abby’s body is never discovered and Jacob gets off scott free. Melodi decides to follow her dreams three years later to work in New York and life is looking up for her. She still misses her sister, but she knows her sister wouldn’t want to dwell on the past. She ends up meeting the one person who can help her deal with her past. Although that person ends up being her boss at Case Construction where she just got a job at.

Life is going to be perfect for a while until the past creeps back into her life. Now, Melodi must trust in the one person who has helped her in her new life. Corban is the one guy readers will fall for immediately since he’s the knight in shining armor every time with Melodi. He’s there to pick her up when she falls, and he’s also there when she needs a shoulder to cry on. (He’s such a sweet guy)

If there is one thing I enjoyed, while reading The Lost One was how the author got Melodi and Corban to meet. It’s instant attraction with the two, but Melodi is not someone who easily trusts since what happened to her sister. So, let’s just say these two characters may have instant attraction, but Melodi is skeptical of him. Corban though is going to convince her not every guy is like her sister’s boyfriend. At least he convinced me, while I read the book.

There were times during the story while reading it, I found it predictable at certain times. Towards the ending I knew what was going to happen because of a certain character saying things and being there at the most perfect moments. There is also the story going fast pace at the end, which will make the reader think there’s more coming. Unfortunately, there is a cliffhanger. I do love cliffhangers, but I know some readers like to be warned a head of time.

Oh, and if you are looking for some sexual tension and romance moments, there’s not a lot of it. In fact you get some hints of the sexual moments but that’s it.

Overall, this is a great start to a series I look forward to reading more of. I need to find out the truth, especially with that dang cliffhanger.

I give this book 3.5 moons and recommend it to readers that enjoy a little mystery and drama to your New Adult books.

I received a complimentary copy of the book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Source: http://booklovinmamas.com/2014/10/06/review-the-lost-one-by-liz-lovelock-blog-tour-giveaway